Last November, we posted this link to The Abundance Handbook we produced a while ago to help Abundancers plan and execute their fruit tree harvesting activities.
However, we see there was a problem with this!
Unless you have a full duplexing printer, you will only be able to print out on one side of a sheet.
We didn’t give instructions as to how to actually print it out to get a sensible booklet, rather than a collection of individual sheets, leaving the reader somewhat perplexed as to which page came next.
After much waste toner and paper, we have it all figured out, so here are the full instructions…
- Click on ‘The Abundance Handbook‘ link above (…or this one even!), and it will open in a new page within your browser.
- Resist the temptation to click ‘Print’ from the Adobe plug-in running in your browser! If you do click ‘Print’, then even though it may look perfect on the screen, odds on, your printer will print garbage.
- Instead, click ‘Save’ from the top right hand menu. This will save the handbook to your hard drive.
- Now navigate to your ‘Downloads’ folder, then double-click the file you just downloaded from there. This will fire up the proper, full version of Adobe, rather than the cut-down version the runs as a plug-in from your browser.
- You will now have the full handbook displayed in the proper Adobe, and from there you can click ‘Print’.
- This will bring up another menu, and you will see that there are various options for printing. Don’t blindly hit ‘Print’ here -we need to set the printer and file up enable it to print odd and even pages in the correct order.
- There will be a box saying something like ‘Further Options’. Click this, and you should see choices that allow for odd, even or reverse-printing of pages.
- Click ‘Odd’, then ‘Print’, and your printer should then print only the odd pages.
- When this has finished, take the whole stack (15 sheets) of paper from the printer output tray, then put them in the input tray, noting the orientation of the paper. Different printers print out in different ways, so this may be a little trial-and-error here.
- Now you have the odd sheets already printed and back in the input tray, go back to your print menu and select ‘Even’ pages, and also select ‘Reverse’ printing. This gets the pages in the correct order.
- Hit ‘Print’ and it should print the even pages, so your output sheets should be the complete booklet with both sides printed correctly.
- When the printer has finished, tap the paper to get all the pages in line, then use a stapler to put two or three staples vertically, exactly in the centre of the pages.
- Ta-Dah. You now have The Abundance Handbook!
Alternatively, if you feel that all this is just too much messing about, and you’re low on toner/ink anyway, then in a short while, we will have this handbook ready-printed and for sale on this site.
Watch this space for details!
Since our site reorganisation a few weeks ago, it seems that the link to The Grow Sheffield Abundance Handbook had disappeared!
Well here it is again!
It is in Adobe .pdf format, and if you click on the link above, it should open in a new window.
From the boxes at the top right, choose ‘Download’ to download a copy for yourself for you to print out at your leisure.