A ten week, class-room based course where we can look at the theory of organic gardening, soil management, ecology, sustainability and growing food naturally. Suitable for beginners or experienced growers.
Over the 10 weeks we shall be looking at:-
- Understanding timing and the seasons. When to sow and harvest
- Organic materials and fertilisers. What to use and when.
- Composting. Soils and site planning.
- Crops and how they grow.
- Plant propagation – seeds and cuttings .
- Growing systems Healthy plants , pests and diseases
- Perennials , fruit and pruning
- Seeds, harvesting and storage.
Location: Hollinsend Methodist Church, corner of Hollinsend Rd and Mansfield Rd, S12 2 EF.
Times: Monday’s 7 – 8.45pm from Jan 14th until March 18th 2013
To book your place or ask for more information –
Email [email protected] or telephone 0798 214 7296